Pioneer Park displays two vehicles from early years: a mining dump truck, and a fire engine.
"The Quarry truck (mine truck) is a Lectra Haul M-85 [refers to 85 ton payload capacity], it was built by Unit Rig & Equipment of Tulsa Oklahoma. It was first built in July 1963, the first one was delivered to Kennecott Copper's Chino Mine in New Mexico. This was the largest 2 axle truck available at the time. The engine of choice was the Cummins VT- 12-700, rated at 700 gross hp."
The body is made of 100,000 psi yield steel.
The tire size is 24.00R49
Tire weight is 2940 lbs. (1.3 tons)
Tires are filled with 1/2 air, 1/2 water, to prevent explosion in case of a tire puncture.
The fire truck is an 1956 International Harvester.
Click on the photograph to view a larger size in a new Tab.
In the new Tab, click on the photograph to switch between
fit-to-screen, and full size, where you can scroll around to look at details.
|Return to Boron|